This temporary policy has been put into place to reduce the spread of infection during the COVID-19 pandemic. As a setting we want to be confident we are doing everything possible to keep families, children and staff as safe as possible while keyworkers children who are receiving childcare at pre-school.
- Upon arrival to pre-school if children could please be left with staff at the gate for the garden. Please ensure when waiting to come into pre-school that families wait 2 metres apart.
- Staff will then ensure children wash their hands in the downstairs bathroom upon entry to pre-school.
- Children will need to be provided with a piece of fruit for mid-morning snack, a packed lunch and a drinks bottle. Staff will wash the water bottle with hot soapy water and refill as/when required. Please ensure children have the correct cutlery required for their lunch. All items will be left in children’s lunch boxes to be washed at home.
- During the day staff will wear disposable aprons and use disposable gloves as much as possible. Gloves and aprons will be changed often but as a minimum after each bathroom visit with children and before serving any food.
- Please ensure your child has plenty of layers as warm clothing, a rain coat, wellies and indoor shoes available. We will be allowing the children to access the garden area as much as possible then changing into clean footwear for inside play.
- Collection will be at preschool’s front entrance and markers on the floor will show parents where to stand. Please remain 2 metres from the front door when collecting.
- We will be supporting key worker families to complete their essential work within our community. However this is on the trust that children will be attending pre-school if they are well. If children become unwell at pre-school, develop a cough or a temperature parents will be contacted for immediate collection. Children will stay in a separate room from the other children, being cared for by a staff member until parents are able to collect.
This policy is subject to change in line with government and county guidance
Policy adopted April 2020