Parental Involvement Policy
Statement of Intent
We believe that children benefit most from pre-school education and care when pre-school and parents work together in partnership, both individually and as a group
- To support parents as their child’s first and most important educators.
- To involve parents in the life of the Pre-school and their children’s education.
- We are committed to ongoing dialogue with parents to improve our knowledge of the needs of their children and to support their families. This information is fed into the child’s learning journal and 2 year developmental check where appropriate.
- Through access to written information and through regular informal communication, we inform all parents about how the pre-school is run and its policies. We check to ensure parents understand the information which is given to them.
- Our Pre-school is a registered charity and is led by a management committee consisting of parents. Once a child begins at our Pre-school their family automatically becomes a member, and one of their parents may stand for election to the Management Committee at our AGM in the Autumn Term. We encourage everyone to take an active part in the running of the Pre-school.
- Any parents interested in joining our Management Committee can do so by contacting our Committee Chair Susie Chester at email@example.com
- We inform all parents on a regular basis about their children’s progress.
- We involve parents in the shared record keeping about their children — either formally or informally — and ensure parents have access to their children’s written records.
- We provide parents with WOW stickers so they can input in to their child’s development file any mile stones achieved at home.
- We encourage parents to share contact details of other childcare providers so we can work on joint next steps with them.
- We provide opportunities for parents to contribute their own skills, knowledge and interests on stay and play sessions.
- We hold meetings in venues which are accessible and appropriate for all.
- We inform all parents of the systems for registering queries, complaints or suggestions and check to ensure these are understood. All parents have access to our written complaints procedure through our website.
- We provide opportunities for parents to learn about the Pre-school curriculum and about young children’s learning, in the Pre-school and at home.
- On the day of an OFSTED inspection parents will be notified as soon as is possible via email and a notice upon our front door.
- We inform parents when we have had an Ofsted inspection and provide a copy of the report for them in due course.
In compliance with the EYFS Statutory Framework, the following documentation is in place:
- Admissions Policy
- Complaints Procedure
- Record of Complaints
This policy was adopted by West Wycombe Pre-school Playgroup in October 2013. Policies are updated when necessary and reviewed on a yearly basis.
Reviewed and amended October 2021